JOBS AT NORTH SHORE ECOTOURS
We are an Aloha ʻAina based eco-tour company focusing on educational nature tours and conservation activities. We offer hiking, 4×4, & ATV tours on thousands of acres of private conservation land and have a reputation for high-quality work and a commitment to mālama ʻāina. As we expand our team, weʻre looking for passionate aloha ʻaina advocates to educate both malihini & kamaʻaina alike on the amazing natural & cultural resources of Oʻahu.
Alakaʻi / Guide Position Description
Location: Haleʻiwa, Oʻahu
Work Schedule: Part-Time / On-call
Salary Information: $13-15/hr + TIPS starting pay (with option for pay raises)
Alakaʻi are responsible for safely leading mauka excursions in remote areas of Oʻahu. Drive 4×4 vehicles, work in restricted conservation lands, and access miles of private roads & trails. Alakaʻi also help to oversee community mālama ʻaina efforts such as invasive species removal, erosion control, native habitat restoration, etc. No prior eco-tour experience is necessary – we will train the right candidate.
- Current Hawaiʻi drivers license
- Clean driving abstract (produced upon hire)
- First aid & CPR certified (training provided upon hire)
- Ability to lift/carry 25lbs, negotiate mountain terrain & stream crossings, function in rain, sun, & outdoor elements.
- Professional: must be outgoing, excellent with people, good communicator, reliable, dependable, trustworthy, &
- Available Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and/or Saturdays with occasional Sundays.
- Basic knowledge of Hawaiian flora & fauna, culture, and history.
- Familiarity with ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi.
- Experienced hiker and/or off-roader
- Ability to safely drive 4wd vehicles
- Degree in Hawaiian Studies, botany, and/or other related field or equivalent level of cultural experience with traditional Hawaiian arts, e.g. hula, lāʻau lapaʻau, etc.
- Conversationally fluent in ʻŌlelo Hawaiʻi or Japanese language.
- Ability to drive manual transmission (stick shift).
- Possess exceptional outdoor skills & ability (as demonstrated through professional experience or participation in outdoor programs)
For more information or to apply, send your resume to [email protected]. Please include on your resume:
- Your contact information
- How you meet the minimum requirements
- How you meet the desirable qualifications (if applicable)
- Three references with contact information.